How to Quit Smoking Naturally
Quitting smoking is probably one of the hardest things in life to go through. It is said to be impossible to do without the aid of nicotine replacements. There are a number of these available to would be smoking quitters such as nicotine gum, nicotine nasal spray, trans-dermal patch and inhaler. However, a lot of people are not comfortable using these treatments and are looking for ways to stop smoking the natural way.
How to quit smoking naturally:
1. Natural Herbs – There are natural herbs otherwise known as quit smoking herbs that can be alternatives to synthetic nicotine replacement treatments. These natural herbs are not only therefore non-addictive and safe for the body but most important of all, they ease withdrawal symptoms from nicotine addiction acquired through smoking. The herbs may include lobelia, peppermint, ginger and passion flower. A blend of these natural herbs have beneficial effects such as helping with the irritability accompanying quitting smoking, relieve nausea, and have relaxation and detoxification powers.
2. Acupuncture – can work through relaxation and healing by targeting specific points in the body. Another benefit of this method is that it can be tailor-made specifically to suit your needs.
3. Laser Treatment – a relatively new way and similar to acupuncture, it targets specific points of the body this time by using a cold laser beam. Through this process, the body releases a natural chemical called endorphin which has a calming and relaxing effect that can help reduce withdrawal symptoms and nicotine craving.
4. Smoking Cessation Program – a support group is always useful when trying to stop smoking and to ease a person’s nicotine addiction. There are free and sometimes even face to face programs available with trained counselors to walk you through the process of quitting or even if you are just thinking about it.
5. Hypnotherapy – it is said that even an hour long session can have an impact on a person trying to quit the habit. It is said that a person smokes purely out of habit rather than any urge to do so. With the use of mind power the body can be willed to stop smoking.
6. Fasting – one of the fastest ways to get over smoking quickly is to have a five-day fresh juice cleansing diet to quickly remove nicotine from the system.
7. Electronic Cigarettes – some people have just gotten used to having a cigarette in their hands or having to puff out smoke from their mouths. It is not actual addiction to nicotine that makes them smoke but the sheer habit of it. That is why an electronic cigarette can be useful when trying to quit smoking. This cigarette alternative produces water vapor clouds instead of smoke from burning tobacco. It has the same look, feel and taste of a real cigarette minus the bad effects.
8. Going Cold Turkey – a person quits smoking cold turkey when he ceases to smoke once and for all. The problem with this is the strong withdrawal symptoms that may make the person have a relapse and go back to the habit shortly after quitting.
Millions have tried to quit smoking; others have been successful while others were not. Knowing how to quit smoking naturally can make you be one of those who claim success.
If you want to learn more from the expert about how to quit smoking naturally, please visit this guide.